Now in its 4th year, Summer Reading Partners is an initiative organized by the Summer Reading Partners A-Team & Blueprint Working Group to help curb summer reading loss for children age Pre-K through 4rd grade. Summer Reading Partner camps are equipped with new skills and literacy tools that enable them to embed reading time and other enrichment into their daily activities.
To learn more about Summer Reading Partners 2021, download the A-Team’s recent action report!
Summer Reading Partners is a collaborative component of Nashville’s Blueprint for Early Childhood Success.
Increase the number of students that read 600 minutes by 10% (baseline 56% from the 2018 Summer Reading Partners Pilot)
Increase the number of students that read 660 minutes or more to 30% (baseline 11% from the 2018 Summer Reading Partners Pilot)
Strengthen Student Literacy
Summer Reading Partners A-Team
- Elizabeth Atack, Nashville Public Library, Co-Chair
- Katie Pattullo, Metro Nashville Public Schools, Co-Chair
- Allison Fasig, Project Transformation
- Brooke Seigle-Rochelle, Imagination Library
- Che’Ara Dykes, Martha O’Bryan Center
- Connie Sharp, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Elandriel Lewis, United Way of Greater Nashville
- Holly Stone, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Jeanne Faine, Lipscomb College of Education
- Jill Baker, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Lindsay Jensen, Nashville Public Library
- Melissa Spradlin, Book’em
- Monique Hodison, Schrader Lane Child Care
- Pam Caban, Metro Parks and Recreation
- Phyllis Phillips, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Viva Price, Youth Encouragement Services