COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT INTERN
Alignment Nashville is seeking dynamic MNPS students to join the team as Community Engagement Interns for Summer 2021. Alignment Nashville is a small but vital organization that mobilizes strategic partners to challenge and address systemic barriers in order to equitably impact the growth, development, and academic achievement of each Metro Nashville Public Schools student. As part of the Alignment Nashville team, the Community Engagement Intern will be immersed in the education and nonprofit sector in Nashville and will gain a unique perspective of how community partnerships can lead to innovation in education.
This internship opportunity is provided through Opportunity NOW and is open only to MNPS high school students. Interns will work remotely with the exception of June 23-25 which will be in-person at the Alignment Nashville office. Additional information and criteria is below.
- Community Engagement Interns will interact professionally with leaders in education and community stakeholders participating in the Alignment process by attending Alignment Team (A-Team) meetings. A-Teams are groups of stakeholders from MNPS and the community who work on specific issues that impact students. Interns are encouraged to participate fully in these meetings, drawing from their own insights and experiences to offer their perspective to the conversations.
- The intern’s most significant project will be supporting the Music City SEL VIRTUAL Conference held June 23-25. Many of the day-to-day tasks and objectives will relate directly to the successful planning and implementation of the conference. This includes coordinating workshops, presentations, and resources, managing data and feedback from up to 100 conference presenters, and maintaining the virtual conference system for completeness and functionality. The intern will also participate in a number of planning sessions. Interns will assist with promotion and follow-up from the conference through surveys, social media, and other avenues.
- Additionally, interns will support the Summer Reading Partners Initiative and other ongoing programs. They will also be responsible for crafting their own introductory blog posts and reflective essays as part of their internship experience and will support other community engagement programming as needed.
Preferred Qualities & Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Metro Nashville Public Schools and issues that affect students
- Strong written communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Experience with using Zoom
- Proficiency in common social media platforms
- Interest in being part of a diverse team
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to be flexible
- Talents such as graphic design, creative writing, and social media are valuable, but not essential
- Dates: June 14 – July 23, 2021
- Four hours daily, Monday – Thursday
- Two hours for Opportunity NOW cohort time each Friday
- All remote (via Zoom) (except June 23-25)
- Business casual dress code
How to apply:
- Go to ON.Nashville.gov and click “High School Internships”
- Log into your account
- Search for job number: 014083
- Apply through Opportunity NOW portal
Contact email@example.com with questions