- Alignment Nashville, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Nashville, works to improve the education and health of our community’s youth by providing tools that bring the community together for more effective results than we could each accomplish. Working through our Alignment Teams formed from a diverse mixture of individuals representing many facets of our community, we facilitate a collaboration of resources to empower and support the education of our youth through several initiatives. An integral part of Alignment Nashville is the Nashville Hub. The Nashville Hub provides coaching and support to communities that are working to transform the high school experience using the Academy model.
- Alignment USA is a national initiative formed in response to growing nationwide interest in our model of coordinated support of our community’s youth and their success.
- Alignment Nashville is seeking to hire a Full-Charge Bookkeeper to support Alignment Nashville, Alignment USA, and the Nashville Hub.
- Fully cycle bookkeeping: general ledger maintenance, accounts receivable, collections, accounts payable, invoicing, records maintenance
- Monthly closing and reporting
- Payroll, including 1099’s, tax reporting, and working with an outside payroll processor
- Online banking and account reconciliation
- Credit card reconciliation/tracking
- Providing administrative and general office support
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualities & Competencies:
- Experience with Excel required; QuickBooks experience a plus
- Minimum 2-year degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Familiar with accrual based accounting
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Minimum 4 years bookkeeping experience
- Excellent customer service skills, professional demeanor, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a small, effective team
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines