LEAF Community Nights provide education for MNPS families every Wednesday from 5:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. at Wright Middle School starting August 23, 2017. Adults will attend community workshops and ESL classes, while their children receive other enrichment opportunities, FREE of charge. Dinner and childcare for children age 3+ is provided.
Comenzando el 23 de agosto de 2017, las Noches Comunitarias de LEAF brindarán educación para las familias de MNPS todos los miércoles, de 5:30 p.m. a 8:00 p.m., en Wright Middle School. Los adultos asistirán a talleres comunitarios y clases de inglés mientras sus hijos reciben GRATUITAMENTE otras oportunidades de superación académica. Se proporcionarán cena y cuidado de niños de 3 años de edad y mayores.
Based on feedback gathered from EL families, the Integration of International Families Team is reaching out to the community to engage partners who can offer the following services to parent and student LEAF attendees; including, but not limited to:
- Referrals/ Clinic Information
- Social Emotional Learning
- Experiential Learning Opportunities for Young Children and/or Parents
- Refugee & Immigrant Support Services
- Parenting Skills
- Health Insurance Information
- Individual, Family, Community Support
- Employment/ Career Planning
- Financial Resources
- Social Services Information
- Personal Development
- Legal, Consumer, Public Safety Services
The partner enrichment session will take place from 6:00pm – 6:30pm on Wednesday nights. Please list any Wednesdays that DO NOT work for your schedule.
Interpretation services may be provided during partner time by the MNPS EL Office. If you have a facilitator who can speak more than one language, please indicate which language you can provide on the form.
Deadline to respond to ITP
Notification to participating organizations
AUGUST 23 – DECEMBER 13
LEAF Community Night every Wednesday
- 75% of parents strongly agree they have strong skills and know the available organizations that help them support their family.
- 75% of parents strongly agree they have a good understanding of how to best support their student academically, socially, and emotionally.
- 75% of parents strongly agree they feel comfortable communicating with their child’s school about their social and academic experiences.
- At least 75% of parents will improve English skills to better communicate with their student’s school.
- 50% of students will attend 60% of additional literacy and STEM enrichment opportunities that support academic success.
- 75% of parents will develop relationships with other LEAF participants.
- At least 50% of attendees name one community organization or available resource