LEAF Nights are collaborative community nights that provide education for MNPS families every Wednesday from 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm at Goodlettsville Middle School and Thursday from 5:30pm – 8:00pm at Antioch Middle School starting September 5, 2018. Adults will attend community workshops and ESL classes, while their children receive other literacy and STEM enrichment opportunities, FREE of charge. Dinner and childcare for children age 3+ is provided.
Comenzando el 5 de septiembre de 2018, las Noches Comunitarias de LEAF brindarán educación para las familias de MNPS todos los miércoles, de 5:30 p.m. a 8:00 p.m., en Goodlettsville Middle School y jueves, de 5:30 p.m. a 8:00 p.m. en Antioch Middle School. Los adultos asistirán a talleres comunitarios y clases de inglés mientras sus hijos reciben GRATUITAMENTE otras oportunidades de superación académica. Se proporcionarán cena y cuidado de niños de 3 años de edad y mayores.
LEAF Night programming is fueled by community partners!
The Integration of International Families A-Team is seeking community partners to provide a diverse array of youth and parent workshops and student enrichment programming at one or both sites. In the past, these workshops have included topics such as nutrition, health insurance, financial literacy, knowing your rights as immigrants, legal assistance, and more. Dinner is also provided through committed community partners.
You must sign-in or create an account on the Alignment Nashville Portal to complete the ITP™. Please allow up to 48 hours for your account to be approved and linked to your organization.
- 75% of parents strongly agree they have strong skills and know the available organizations that help them support their family.
- 75% of parents strongly agree they have a good understanding of how to best support their student academically, socially, and emotionally.
- 75% of parents strongly agree they feel comfortable communicating with their child’s school about their social and academic experiences.
- At least 75% of parents will improve English skills to better communicate with their student’s school.
- 50% of students will attend 60% of additional literacy and STEM enrichment opportunities that support academic success.
- 75% of parents will develop relationships with other LEAF participants.
- At least 50% of attendees name one community organization or available resource
- Establish baseline with TN Ready 2016-17 and ACCESS