The purpose of the EL Advisory Board Alignment TEam is to strengthen the collaboration between the EL office and community partners.
Community Partners have strong connections with families and students and MNPS would like to leverage that connection to ensure that families know their rights, understand resources and programs that are offered to them, and what kind of education and support their child is receiving in school
The team is currently in the process of visioning how community partners can work together to improve the experience for EL students.
LEAF Community Nights
Under its former title and structure, the A-Team developed LEAF Community Nights! LEAF Nights are collaborative community nights that provide education for MNPS families each week. Adults attend community workshops and ESL classes, while their children receive other literacy and STEM enrichment opportunities, FREE of charge. Dinner and childcare for children age 3+ is provided.
Éxito Community Mentoring
Éxito provides an opportunity for caring, invested bilingual (English/Spanish) adults in our community to build relationships with New American students & families in MNPS. Éxito mentors provide accountability and support to help students navigate school, increase their sense of belonging, and increase their school attendance.
EL Advisory Board Members
- Fabian Bedne, Community Leader
- Jenna Davis, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Chi Chi Faulk, TIRRC
- Megan Godbey, Nashville Public Library
- Lindsey Harris, TIRRC
- Camila Herrera, TIRRC
- Vanessa Lazon, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Alison McArthur, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Michelle McGonagle, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Parvez Mohsin, Nashville International Center for Empowerment
- Sabina Mohyuddin, American Muslim Advisory Council
- Abby Mosby, Nations Ministry Center for Refugees
- Juliana Ospina Cano, Conexion Americas
- Monica Reyna, Hispanic Family Foundation
- Amy Richardson, Siloam Health Center
- Amber Stewart, Nashville Public Library
- Molly Stovall-Hegwood, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Carrie Weir, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- David Williams, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Nancy Youssef, Soles 4 Souls