Recently, the Behavioral Health A-Team has been working toward updating and creating more timely and relevant training for MNPS staff, teachers and administrators across the district. In December 2020, the Behavioral Health A-Team unveiled the district’s new Mental Health 101 training. Currently, the team is working to adapt the training for families and caregivers.
This 1-hour training was designed for any and all staff and created virtually so it could be accessed at any time. This training became mandatory across the district and has already been viewed by more than 7,600 MNPS staff.
2020-2021 Behavioral Health Report
Mental Health 101 continues to be an important professional development tool for Metro Nashville Public Schools. Download the Behavioral Health A-Team’s recent Action Report to learn more about the training and the team.
Behavioral Health Alignment Team
- Kyla Krengel, Metro Nashville Public Schools, Co-Chair
- Kathy Gracey, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Co-Chair
- Monica Coverson, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Mary Crnobori, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Laura Dickson, STARS Nashville
- Tracy Glascoe, Vanderbilt Behavioral Health
- Charity Ingersoll, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Michael Kirshner, Mental Health Cooperative
- Debra McAdams, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Laseanda Sanders, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Marion Smyser, Centerstone
- Angie Thompson, Metro Public Health Department
- Derrick Williams, Metro Nashville Public Schools