2018 My Future, My Way Career Exploration Fair.
The 10th Annual MNPS My Future, My Way Career Exploration Fair will be held on October 26, 2018 at the Music City Center. This career fair is an interactive, hands-on professional exploration opportunity for more than 5,000 high school freshmen. Register your business or organization as an exhibitor today!
The mission of the Academies of Nashville are to…
ensure high school students will belong to a personalized smaller learning community engaged around interests where relationships are valued. Instruction will be project-based, applied and integrated where meaningful business engagement is evident, post-secondary institutions are involved and the community is supportive. The Academies of Nashville allow students to choose a thematic course of study, such as engineering, health care, or International Baccalaureate, and learn in a relevant, hands-on environment with real-world application. Our students learn math, science, English, and social studies in the context of their Academy theme.
How are the Academies of Nashville different from traditional high schools?
- Academies offer the small, personalized environment of a small school.
- Academies offer applied learning opportunities of themed magnet schools.
- Academies partner with businesses to solve real-world problems for authentic learning.
- Academies focus on the 21st Century Skills students need to succeed in college and life.
- Academies provide a culture of teamwork, critical thinking, communications, collaboration, and creativity.
- Academies provide rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum.
- Academies prepare students for college and career.
All students need to be prepared for success in college and career.
Academies of Nashville Alignment Team
- Donna Gilley, Co-Chair, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Samantha Perez, Co-Chair, Nashville Chamber of Commerce
- Nicki Avila, Opportunity NOW
- Adrienne Battle, MNPS
- Mollie Berliss, Nashville After Zone Alliance
- Sheila Calloway, Juvenile Court Metro Nashville
- Leslie Davis, Music City Center
- Kathleen Dawson, MNPS
- Susan DeRiemer, Meharry Medical College
- Courtney Dignam, Omni Nashville Hotel
- John Doerge, Deloitte
- J.R. Dunigan, US Community Credit Union
- Rashed Fakhruddin, Nashville Electric Service
- Tiffany Farmer, Adventure Science Center
- Sherrie Funk, Just Cruisin’
- Ashford Hughes, Mayor’s Office
- Claudia Humphrey, MNPS
- Raymond Jenkins, Juvenile Court
- Bob Kucher, PENCIL
- Nathalie Lavine, Cheekwood
- Aley Leslie, MNPS
- Cheryl Mayes, My Toolbox Consulting
- Lynne Maynor, Gaylord
- Dana Morrow, LP Stansell Electric
- Ameerah Palacios, MNPS
- Kendrick Robinson, Bridgestone
- Anita Ryan, Office Furniture